Monday 16 April 2007
Negative thoughts
As I expected, the overindulgence two days ago has brought all the forbidden fruits back to my mind. I hesitate to say that I'm craving anything, because that's a bit too strong a term. It's more like a niggling little part of my brain will suddenly remember pizza, and then I contemplate what it would be like to eat it. Would it be so bad? I did say I would allow myself two days of off-plan eating... yet I only had one. Surely I deserve it, I've been so disciplined the past two months and besides, isn't it unhealthy to elimate foods completely?

Then my logical side kicks in and shouts... HA! Fat chance! That's not how we think anymore! No sir, we know that food isn't good and it's exactly that kind of behaviour that got us into this sorry state in the first place! You had a break already and overdid it, now it's time to get back in the saddle and gallop on towards the next goal.

I'm irritated by this internal struggle and more so that it's not driven by real, strong cravings. The thought of a certain food will just pop in from nowhere and set off an argument between my inner skinny chick and the food demons. (Luckily she's kicking butt today).

I heard a great quote today and it's helping me through this struggle.

"I am not responsible for my first thought. I am responsible for my second thought, and my first action."

My first thoughts might be unhealthy and tempting, but I will not give in, I'll remind myself why I want to stay on plan and the only action I'll be taking is bouncing off to the gym.

xx Lizzie 4:31 pm Post a Comment

LIZZIE
One young woman's quest for a healthier lifestyle and looking spunky in skinny jeans. I'm a student living in Sydney, juggling two degrees, a job and making exercise and nutrition a priority. I'm gym bunny in the making and I know that will make the difference in dropping the next 20lbs.

LINKAGE
3 Fat Chicks
The Skinny Website
More coming soon!

LINKAGE
Tips, questions, thoughts? Feel free to send me a line here.

LATEST
xx #2 Fabulous fingers
xx Back in the driver's seat
xx On and off plan
xx The truth, the whole truth and nothin' but the truth
xx #1 For the love of skinny jeans
xx Up and running